Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bluebird

We still haven't had any other bluebirds in our nest box out back, but in mid-June, I saw this female on our deck. The picture is horribly fuzzy, but I'm hoping she has found a home some where! It looks like she has nesting material in her mouth.

We also had a little excitement with a non-bird critter in our yard. I think he was after my garden! I haven't seen him in a while, and I'm hoping he has found a new home! I tried to chase him away along the fence with a stick, but he only teased me by running back and forth. (I hope my neighbors didn't see me as I'm sure I looked like a crazy woman. The stick was really a steam attached to a dirt ball I grabbed from the compost pile.) My husband was thrilled that we had some other wildlife in our yard, but I was more concerned about damage to my garden. I'll be doing more chasing if he comes back.

2 comments:

  1. The cute little chipmunk won't hurt your garden one bit. They just collect seeds and nuts for the winter and hide them in a hole someplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Richard. He is so cute, and I have seen evidence of him in the garden that I promptly cleaned up. So far, I haven't seen any evidence of eating any of my veggies.

    ReplyDelete