Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baby Bluebirds

We haven't had any more action in the bluebird nest box in our back yard since the hard frost at the end of April. I've been disappointed that we haven't even seen any interest from the many bluebirds I see flying around. I'm not sure what I might be able to do to entice a little romance in the back yard, but I'm all ears for advice someone might offer. On bluebird romance, that is.

We were lucky enough to see a couple of juveniles visit our feeder and bath last week. They are really cute, and I love how they seem to be right in between baby feathers and adult feathers. If we can't have a nesting couple in the back, at least we get to some of the babies! It's been super hot outside, so the little bird below has his mouth open. He appreciated a little water!





1 comment: