Monday, July 11, 2011

Baby Bluebirds & A Near Collision

The baby bluebirds fledged last week! I was there, and maybe a little too close. I was outside when I turned around and all I could see was a set of wings flying directly at my head. In super slow motion, I would turn and the bird seemed to re-aim at my head. Finally, I was able to get out of the way long enough for the bird to ram the side of my house. It was one of the babies. The next thing I saw was the mom and dad bluebird aiming at me. I got down on the ground, and the parents flew away. The baby was in the yard looking at me as if I was crazy! I'm sure that I looked crazy after all that screaming and ducking! I was able to get a picture of one of the babies a little later. He looks much cuter than the pair of wings flying at my head did.


No comments:

Post a Comment