Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nesting Birds

We have two sets of nesting birds in our back yard! We were so thrilled last year to have nesting bluebirds, and we have another pair this year. We have named them Doc and Betty. Betty has built a great nest in the nest box, and we're hoping for babies soon. I'll do my best to have John take a picture of the nest. Below are pictures of Betty on the arm of the feeders off the kitchen window and of Doc sitting on the deck. It's always amazing to see their beautiful colors up close.

























A mocking bird has also decided to take up residence in the back yard. She is getting a little territorial, and every time we get a little too close, she flies out and gives us "the look." I can't quite get a look at the nest because I'm short and the fence is tall. Maybe we'll get to see the babies at the feeders one day soon. I'm sure I'll get a picture of the mocking birds soon! They have been at the feeders and the bird bath a lot lately!

3 comments:

  1. It's good to see your post! I get so excited when they start nesting, too - which reminds me, I have a cotton ball I should put out there for them! You have a great photo, P! Enjoy the Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Good pictures of the Bluebirds!

    ReplyDelete